Compiler development for TypeScript on TypeScript based on LLVM
At the beginning of the talk we will cover various architectures from the interpreter to the JIT compiler, find out why we need a bytecode and make the bytecode interpreter from V8 to JS in the browser. Having received the basic ideas, we will dive into the topic of writing a compiler for TypeScript
This talk will be about:
- Basic knowledge of interpretations/compilers and bytecode;
- Architecture of V8/Hermes;
- Hermes architecture;
- Stack/Register based VM;
- Attempting to write a StaticScript v1 compiler;
Developer with 10 years of experience, developed a lot of projected in open source, from a static analyzer — PHPSA, to the TypeScript compiler called StaticScript. Leading the most obscure podcast in the entire frontend — UnderJS
Related open source:
- PHPSA — static analyzer on PHP for PHP;
- GHubber — mobile client for Github powered by React Native;
- StaticScript — language on top of TypeScript as frontend, and LLVM framework as backend.
Dmitry also was a contributor to Zephir Language & Phalcon framework.