i18n the principles for an accessible web
The main goal of the talk is to show how to make the web accessible by all people of all ages, from all races speaking different languages, because i18n should be part of a11y.
The JS land in the browser does not offer an API that promotes the MessageFormat. This means that a big percentage of developers writes their contents in English just because is the easiest way to be global, or they end up using a library that does the job of i18n and l10n for them.
The talk will show how a unique API can make the web more accessible and enhance the development experience.
- actual i18n, l10n landscape in web (Node, Android, iOS);
- actual developer experience;
- how many libraries exist to solve this problem and how they try to solve them;
- we need Intl.MessageFormat?
- how many people know from actual Intl. API's that solves some of these issues. (code samples of API);
- scaling Intl.MessageFormat/ICU to be cross-platform.
Technology enthusiast, working in Software development and Architectures for more than 10 years. Contributor in Open Source projects, TC39 Delegate, and blogger in part-time.
His main goal is to democratize technology and empower developers, teams, and companies mostly in the financial sector to build better products. His main focuses are the web, mobile, and cloud. He loves and advocates for the future of the internet and decentralized technology culture where all the globe is connected.